Social Media Editor, NBC10 Boston, Newton, Mass: October 2016-Present
- Manage station’s official Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat accounts, supervising web producers to deliver news to 600,000 followers.
- Develop social strategies to promote major reports, including use of hashtag campaigns, social graphics and videos, and Facebook Live.
- Coordinate cross-platform campaigns for television and digital, including “Boston’s Best” tournaments that drive up to 70,000 website visits.
- Write and produce weekly Instagram and Snapchat show, “The Recap.”
- Train on-air talent with collective 600,000 followers, creating personalized social strategies.
- Source user-generated content through hashtag campaigns including #FollowingNBC10Boston, clearing over 7,000 photos for use.
Freelance Journalist: March 2015-September 2016
- Write enterprise stories including long-form on mixed-race Korean adoptees for NBC News and reports from South Korea for the Wall Street Journal.
Digital News Desk Editor, Korea Times, Seoul, Korea: August 2014-February 2015
- Assigned and edited stories for publication on website of most established English-language Korean daily news organization.
- Managed company’s official Twitter and Facebook accounts and oversaw six-fold increase in number of social media followers.
- Spearheaded SEO, including overhaul of website’s multilingual features, resulting in 75 percent year-on-year increase in traffic.
Staff Reporter, Korea Times: July 2009-August 2014
- Lead political reporter for major events including death of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il.
- Published notable investigative reports on the use of forced labor to make Korean banknotes, labor abuses on fishing vessels and trafficking of Korean nationals.
University of Massachusetts-Amherst June 2001
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, English
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Honorable Mention, Excellence in Human Rights Reporting, Society of Publishers in Asia 2014 Awards for Editorial Excellence
- President, Asian American Journalists Association New England Chapter